Click on a question or question group header to jump to that section.
- What’s a user account, and why should I create one on the IRES website?
- How do I change my username or password?
- How do I update my contact information?
- How do I add or update my photo?
- I forgot my account login information (username and/or password). What do I do?
- How do I keep up with (and register for) IRES events?
- Can I register with a hardcopy form and/or pay offline?
- Can I register more than one person at a time?
- How do I register someone other than myself?
- How do I cancel or modify my event registration?
- How do I join IRES?
- How do I renew my membership?
- Can I join or renew with a hardcopy form and/or pay offline?
- When does my membership expire?
- What gets included in the member directory?
- How do I update my member directory listing?
- I updated my contact information, but my member directory listing hasn’t changed. What’s going on?
What’s a user account, and why should I create one on the IRES website?
Your user account puts a lot of features at your fingertips. Here’s what any account holder can do:
- Update your account username and/or password
- Update the primary contact information used by IRES to get in touch with you, including name, designations/accreditations, job title, employer, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- Apply for IRES membership
- See your current membership status
- See a list of upcoming and past events for which you registered
- Submit content for The Regulator® and event announcements for the calendar
- Post job listings, see a list of current and past job listings you’ve posted, and edit your own job listings
Members can do even more:
- Access members-only content throughout the website, including the member directory
- Manage communication preferences (i.e. your IRES email and mailing subscriptions)
- See your upcoming membership renewal date
- Renew your IRES membership through a pre-populated form
- Access job listings in the Career Center
- Post resumes to the Career Center
- Upload a photo for use in the member directory
- Control and customize the information displayed in your member directory listing, including phone number, email address, mailing address, social media links, and more.
It’s important to note that you are responsible for keeping your own contact information and directory listing up to date. Make a note to check your account and directory listing regularly and make any changes that are needed.
How do I change my username or password?
You can update your username and/or password at any time by logging in and updating your account settings.
How do I update my contact information?
You can update the contact information used by IRES to communicate with you at any time by logging in and updating your profile information. You can set your email and mail subscription preferences through your account communication settings.
How do I add or update my photo?
You can manage your account photo at any time by logging in and updating your account settings.
I forgot my account login information (username and/or password). What do I do?
If you have forgotten your username, try using your email address. If you’ve forgotten which email address you used with your account, please contact the office.
If you have forgotten your password, click the “Request new password” link in the login area. You will be prompted to enter your username or email address. Click “email new password.” An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to set a new password.
Tips: Select a password that’s complicated enough to be secure but easy for you to remember. If you have trouble remembering your password, note it down in a secure location.
How do I keep up with (and register for) IRES events?
Upcoming events appear on the home page, the upcoming events page, and the left sidebar. You can stay informed about upcoming IRES events by subscribing to the upcoming events page through the RSS reader of your choice. There’s also a past events page, so you can look back for information about events you attended in the past. (You’ll also find some third-party events of interest to IRES members and allies.)
Individual event pages display a list of who has registered for (or, afterward, attended) the event. See who else is coming and plan ahead of time to connect and network! Event pages also display any current news articles about the event.
Register for IRES events through the individual event pages. As you complete the online registration form, you will have two payment options: pay by credit card through our secure server or pay by mailing a check.
You don’t need an IRES website account to register for IRES events. But if you have one and log in before registering for an event, your event registration form will auto-populate with your contact information.
You can log in and visit your account dashboard at any time to see a list of events you’ve registered for, including your payment status.
Can I register with a hardcopy form and/or pay offline?
IRES event registration forms are completely online. As you complete the form, you will have two payment options:
- Pay by credit card through our secure server. Your registration will be completed immediately.
- Pay by check. Send your online form confirmation page with your check and your registration will be completed within 1-2 business days of payment received.
Can I register more than one person at a time?
Yes. Unless the event specifically prevents group registrations, the registration form will have a place to indicate the total number of people you are registering. You will need to provide each person’s name, phone number, and email address (see tip).
The primary registrant will receive a registration confirmation email with payment information for each person registered. Each of the other registrants will receive a registration confirmation email that includes the name of the primary registrant.
Please note that the primary registrant will be the person recorded by the system as paying for all registration fees.
How do I register someone other than myself?
If you need to register someone and will not be attending the event yourself, open the registration form without logging in to your IRES website account (or log out, if you’ve already logged in). On the registration form, only enter the name and contact information (see tip) of the person being registered within the registrant information section. DO NOT enter any of your own contact information in the registrant information section, especially email address (you may use your own contact information within the billing information section, if appropriate).
Please note that the person being registered as the primary registrant will receive the registration confirmation email, including payment information (but never sensitive information, such as a card number).
How do I cancel or modify my event registration?
To cancel or modify your registration for any IRES event, please contact the office.
Registration tip: When registering someone other than yourself, check with the person you are registering to make sure you use an email address (and other contact information) that matches the person’s existing IRES contact record. If you use a different email address, the system will create a second contact record for the person. If you use different contact information than what’s already in the person’s contact record, the system will change the person’s contact record to the information you provide.
Membership Applications and Renewals
How do I join IRES?
How do I renew my membership?
If you are a member, you can renew your membership at any time by logging in to your account. Your account dashboard includes a box with your membership type, join date, expiration date, and a link to renew your membership.
Can I join or renew with a hardcopy form and/or pay offline?
IRES membership applications and renewal forms are completely online. As you complete the form, you will have two payment options:
- Pay by credit card through our secure server. Your membership will activate or renew immediately!
- Pay by check. Send your online form confirmation page with your check and your membership will activate or renew within 1-2 business days of payment received.
When does my membership expire?
If you are a member, you can see when your membership expires at any time by logging in to your account. Your account dashboard includes a box with your membership type, join date, expiration date, and a link to renew your membership.
You will receive renewal reminders via email and on the website. When logged in to your account, you will see a renewal reminder on all website pages when your renewal date is close or just past.
The member directory is...
- Private. Only current IRES members can access the directory.
- Searchable. Look for IRES members by name or other filter criteria.
- Always up to date. The directory is updated as soon as any member makes a change to his or her listing.
- Customizable. You have control over (and responsibility for) your own listing. You can set up one set of contact information for receiving communications from IRES and second set just for displaying on your member directory listing. You can even choose not to be listed in the directory at all.
What gets included in the member directory?
Only current members are listed in the directory.
Your initial/default directory listing includes the following information provided through your membership application:
- First and last name
- Non-IRES designations/accreditations (IRES designations are tracked and displayed automatically)
- Job title
- Phone number
- Email address
- State chapter affiliation
Your listing can also include the following as provided by you through your IRES website account:
- Mailing address
- Social media links
Here’s a quick chart of what is or can be included in your directory listing and how to update or customize it:
|Manage your primary contact information (what IRES uses to contact you)||Directory listing options||Manage your directory listing (what’s shown to other members)|
|First and last name||profile information||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|Non-IRES designations/ accreditations*||profile information||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|Job title||profile information||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|Employer||profile information||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|State chapter affiliation||profile information||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|Mailing address||profile information||show primary
|member directory settings|
|Phone number||profile information||show primary
|member directory settings|
|Email address||profile information||show primary
|member directory settings|
|Social media links||profile information||show primary
|member directory settings|
|Specializations||profile information||show primary
|member directory settings|
|Photo||account settings||n/a (always shown)||n/a (always displays primary)|
|Hide listing entirely||member directory settings|
*IRES designations are tracked and displayed automatically as they are awarded.
Please note: Your primary contact record can and will be updated by the information you provide on your membership renewal form, any event registration form, or any webform that collects contact information. Any time you update your primary contact information with IRES, double-check your member directory listing to be sure it’s still accurate.
» Not a member? Learn more and join today!
How do I update my member directory listing?
Your member directory setting options include:
|Option:||What you can do:|
|Do not display my listing at all||Check this box to be completely removed from the member directory. Not even your name will be listed.|
|Photo||Add or change your listing photo through your account settings.|
I updated my contact information, but my member directory listing hasn’t changed. What’s going on?
To give members better control over what information is made available to fellow members, we have separated some components of your member directory listing from your general contact information. You can provide one set of contact information for receiving communications from IRES and provide an entirely different set of contact information for publication in the member directory—including what information is or is not listed in the directory.
IRES News and Emails
How do I keep up with IRES news?
News articles are regularly published to the IRES website. Articles can be about IRES (activities, events, general announcements, calls to action) or non-IRES events and announcements of interest to IRES members and allies.
News items appear on the IRES home page and the main news page. The member news page displays news about IRES members or related to IRES membership, and each individual event page displays any published articles related to that event.
On the main and member news pages, you can filter news items by category.
I’m not receiving IRES emails. What’s going on?
No email delivery system is perfect. In today’s world of multiple email browsers and culture of firewalls and spam filters, it is increasingly difficult to guarantee that every member of IRES is receiving the emails we send. Here are some steps you can take to improve the chances of you receiving our broadcast emails in the future:
- Verify your membership status. Our broadcast emails are typically only sent to current members (and, occasionally, select nonmembers; usually nonmember event participants). Log in to your account and check your membership status. If you are not currently a member, you can complete an application to become a member.
- Verify the email address you have provided. Log in to your account and check the primary email address listed in your profile information.
- Check your subscription settings. You may have told us that you don’t want to receive some or all of our broadcast emails. Log in to your account and check your communication settings.
- Add us to your safe sender list. (Doing so will help ensure that our messages will not be blocked as spam.)
- Add email@example.com to your safe sender list. (If you’re using a company/corporate email account, you may need the help of your company IT department. If you’re using a personal email account, you can ask your Internet Service Provider for help.)
- Ask your company/corporate Network Administrator to add these IP address ranges to its safe sender list.
- Change the email address you use to receive our emails. Use a personal webmail account such as Google Mail, Yahoo, AOL, Juno, NetZero, etc. instead of a company/corporate email account. Log in to your account and change the primary email address listed in your profile information. (You should also then double-check your member directory settings to update which email address is displayed in your member directory listing.)
If you have taken all of these steps and are still not receiving our broadcast emails, please contact the office for further troubleshooting.